Friday, January 28, 2011
Quick Takes Friday #4
1. I'm feeling good except for being tired and short-of-breath often! I think that is due to my low-iron issue, and even taking my iron supplements does not seem to be helping all that much. I will be 31 weeks on Sunday!
2. Okay, so actually I guess it's not technically Sunday that I turn 31 weeks...back when we had our anatomy ultrasound, my OB decided to bump my due date back 3 days to April 6th. So when people ask, I now tell them "April 6th" but I keep "updating" my week as if my due date were April 3rd (and have not changed my ticker at all)! I happen to like the "date" of April 6th, because it is also St. Gerard's birthday!!! Amazing! If you forgot, here is the post about my "run-in" with St. Gerard during this pregnancy.
3. I just saw that an article I wrote for Catholic Online back in July 2010 was linked on this blog! It's funny because I follow Simone's blog, but somehow missed this post, and only found it by googling "Mary Grace Holmes" and "St. Gerard" to try to find the name of my own St. Gerard post! LOL!
4. I'm currently reading three different books *blush*.... Father Elijah: An Apocalypse by Michael D. O'Brien, Catholic Education: Homeward Bound: A Useful Guide to Catholic Homeschooling by Kimberly Hahn and Mary Hasson, and Rediscovering Catholicism by Matthew Kelly. Yeah, it's quite a handful of reading material...not sure how I ended up reading all three of them at the same time, but that's what's going on!
5. My next doctor's appointment is Tuesday! I really look forward to them....it just gets us closer and closer to the Big Day!
6. Tonight we are going to see Cinderella performed by the local Christian Youth Theater group. I'm pretty excited about it! They take a story and put a spiritual twist on it, so I'm interested to see how they do it. We are taking Isabel...I'm hoping she will stay awake since it starts at her bedtime!
7. I am taking recommendations for a baby swing! We have this Fisher Price Aquarium swing from 5 years ago, but since it has been up in our attic, I guess the heat has done something (very bad) to the motor...and it is now useless. DH even took it apart to try to fix it, but it is done for! I really don't want to buy a brand new swing...we are looking around on craigslist for a deal, so if you have/had a swing that you bought within the last couple of years, leave me a comment with the type! Then I'll go and try to find the good ones on craigslist! Thanks :)