Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"Precious Little One"

Today I looked down at Ian, (who was attempting to crawl underneath our dining room table to all the sharp corners for the umpteenth time)....and as I scooped him up, I thought to myself....he's really here.

This precious little guy who we had waited for....for soooo long, he's really here in front of me.  It's hard sometimes to grasp, even as I'm cleaning up baby spit, having my hair pulled, pulling him out from under the dining room table for the umpteenth time, and washing diapers...he's really here.

I am so blessed.

Yesterday, one of Rob's co-workers asked for the poem we had printed on Mary Grace's funeral cards.  I knew the only place to find it was in The Box.  I knew I had to go in there to get it....it was important.  The co-worker's next door neighbor had just lost her baby at 39 1/2 weeks. 

Oh it makes my heart ache for her.  I just can't imagine the pain of being that close to having a baby in her arms, and then...

And yet, I'm familiar with the pain of losing a baby.

Please send up a prayer for her family, if you have a chance. 
I hope this poem brings her some comfort.

"Precious Little One"
I'm just a precious little one who didn't make it there.
I went straight to be with Jesus,
but I'm waiting for you here.
Many dwelling here where I live waited years to enter in.
Struggled through a world of sorrow,
a world marred with pain and sin.
Thank you for the life you gave me,
it was brief but don't complain.
I have all Heaven's Glory,
suffered none of earth's great pain.
Thank you for the name you gave me.
I'd have loved to bring it fame.
But if I'd lingered in earth's shadows,
I would have suffered just the same.
So sweet family - don't you sorrow.
Wipe those tears and chase the gloom.
I went straight to Jesus' arms
from my loving Mother's womb.
-Author Unknown

1 comment:

Hebrews 11:1 said...

What a beautiful poem...brought tears to my eyes.