Wednesday, March 23, 2011

38 week appointment and preparing.

My 38 week appointment was more of a disappointment!

To hear that I am still 1cm, 50% effaced and -3 station for the THIRD WEEK IN A ROW was a bit frustrating, to say the least.

I know...quit complaining!  The baby will come when he's ready!

In the meantime I feel like I need to prepare...
But lately I've been having thoughts of a different preparation.
Of course I have my lists for preparing for baby to arrive....all the things that are left "to-do" and of course the stuff that I make up to-do, so that I don't run out of things to-do!!
But yesterday as I was watering the grass by hand with the hose, this passage from the bible came to me:

37"For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.  38"For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
 39and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be. 

I stood there watering and thought that it could be just like that....I could be doing a regular everyday task...just like I was then....watering the lawn.  Am I prepared?

And not even spiritual preparation (although I would argue that is the most important), but considering recent natural disasters like the earthquake and devastation in Japan, or the tornadoes last night in the midwest....am I prepared to deal with something like that? 

Do I have food, water, batteries?  How would I contact my family or friends if cell phone communication went down?

Preparation.

Is it stupid to be prepared for something that may or may not happen?  Is it illogical to have a basic plan in the event of an emergency or natural disaster? 

Some would argue "yes". 

I happen to think it's smart. 

And while I may be prepared to meet this baby, I am certainly under-prepared to meet some of these other circumstances. 

It's time to start preparing.

6 comments:

Nicole C said...

Definitely not stupid! Although I'm certainly not the one to be telling someone else to be prepared. I'm the worst. procrastinator. ever.

Sorry you haven't progressed! He'll come eventually!

Michelle said...

Smart decision! We started working on preparing a few months ago and we still have a ways to go, but it feels good to be on the way. Praying your delivery goes smoothly as well!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

I can understand how that is discouraging. But just remember, he can't stay in there forever!! Being prepared, for a variety of things, is a great idea.

Meredith said...

Ang, girl, i never thought you would use the word "disappointment" and "38 week appointment" in the same sentence!!! He is your miracle and God is growing him perfectly until completion on his birthday!! Enjoy these last weeks!

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Praying that you are in labor right now! ha ha!

Ann G. said...

I keep checking your blog for the "Big News" of your little man.
It is important to be prepared. Just from reading the news we see how a first world country like Japan has citizens in desperate need of water, food, medicine, and other basic things. I'm trying to stock up on these as well as spiritual items such as holy water, prayer cards/books, scapulars, etc.