Friday, August 6, 2010

Praising God for all kinds of blessings!

My first praise is that our DD (dear daughter) Isabel, has finally been cleared by UNC Children's Hospital not to be a patient of theirs anymore!!!   Isabel has been labeled Failure to Thrive since around about a year old when she started falling off the growth charts...and when I say "fall off" I mean she was in the negative percentiles for a long time.  So after many tests, lots of stress, lots of prayer, lots of trusting God, different doctors appointments, blood draws, invasive procedures, medicines, food supplements, and high calorie meals....and she is finally at an acceptable weight, height and most importantly continuing along on her growth curve in a nice upward trend and out of the negatives!!!  We have one more appointment set, but as long as Iz continues to do well then our doc said we could just call in and tell her and not even come in again!!  Amazing!  Thank you God!

Second praise goes out to my mom (who's been visiting here this week) and my husband who attended Latin Mass with me last Sunday!!!  This was my first ever Latin Mass and I could have never gone on my own.  I am one of those I-like-to-do-new-things-with-other-people kind of people :)  It was really interesting...there were parts that I really enjoyed and parts were I just felt completely lost and wondered how long I would be able to remain on my knees before passing out.  What I really enjoyed was the reverence and holiness of the priest and also the congregation....I wish I could take that reverence and holiness and sprinkle it in my own church.  Oh that is truly what every Mass should be like....people would understand that we are in the presence of Jesus! 

Third praise is for the great friends that I have!  I am just so blessed to have such beautiful friends who are true friends in every sense of the word!  Thank you God! 

Fourth praise is that I ovulated this cycle!!!  That stupid Ferti.laid that ruined me for 2 whole cycles has unleashed it's evil curse over me and allowed me to ovulate once again just like clockwork.  I seriously thought I had really messed myself up after I took it and realized that it caused me to not ovulate... yeah, good job Angela, taking the Anti-ovulation Pill.  *rolls eyes*

Fifth praise is that DH comes home tonight after working in Charleston all week!  He travels here and there for work, but rarely for an entire week.  I've missed him alot this week and can't wait to see him. :)

Sixth praise is that DD, myself and my mom got to go to Adoration together yesterday morning and it was such a peaceful way to begin our day and lift up some special people (including my own prayer buddy!) in prayer before Jesus!  I don't know about any of you, but when I go to Adoration and I'm really deep into my prayer the rest of the room takes on this light-filled, golden glow.  I keep thinking it's some sort of trick my eyes are playing on me, but it has happened ever since I attended a healing Mass...that the entire room glows while I pray at Adoration.   Not sure what that means other than maybe I need to have my eyes checked, but praising God anyway for the peaceful time with Him yesterday.

Oh and Prayer Buddy!  I do have a special prayer request this week!  Would you please pray specifically that everything would be in the right place??  Doesn't make sense yet, but I'll fill you in!  Thank you so much!!!

11 comments:

Hebrews 11:1 said...

UNC--are you in North Carolina? I am going to be there next week for work--Charlotte. Where in NC do you live?

Angela said...

Yes! I'm just on the east side of Raleigh! It's 2 1/2 to 3 hrs to get to Charlotte depending on what side of town you're on! Are you there all week?

Michelle said...

Praise God Angela! Great week overall!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Angela, thank you for your prayers and comments. You always seem to know how to make me feel better... must be because our kids are going to marry someday :) (You may think I'm kidding about this, but oh no - I assure you I am arranging the marriage right now.)

I had the pleasure of meeting your NaPro Dr, Dr C. at the conference! She is really nice and extremely smart :) You're in good hands- just thought I'd pass that along.

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Angela, I've missed the blogging world during my "gone fishing" time, but I feel at a much better place now, following my retreat, and I'm ready to get back into my usual schedule or both writing and reading. So happy to see you this morning on my blog and glad to know there are so many wonderful things going on in your life right now. Praise God!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

I'm actually only there Monday night--Tuesday I'll have stuff all day and then we leave. We're actually staying in Forest City...is that any closer?

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Shoot. I just googled it. It's actually farther. :-(

Meredith said...

yeah for all the praises! A friend told me recently that when we praise God for what He's going to do in our lives, we push out the doubt and fear that the devil wants us to have! I'm doing a lot of that lately! Great news for Iz...our tiny girls are perfectly made in Jesus' image!

Amie said...

Hi Angela! Glad to hear to hear the good news about your daughter! That is wonderful! I KNOW everything's in the right place! Continuing to pray for you!

-Amie (mommyto3+1)

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

My son had the same issue, and was negative off the weight charts for about a year (he just wouldn't eat food!). He was always healthy and active, though. We did all the tests and therapy, etc. Finally I said enough, and we just let things go. Today he is ten and doing great! I am so happy for you!

I will pray for your intention! And, I don't think your eyes are bad, I think you are receiving a special grace. Lucky! :)

WheelbarrowRider said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I was on the pio shots until 36 weeks with my son. The levels were all over the place and so even when good we hesitated to go off as when we did they would bottom out. With this pregnancy they are more slowly rising, with barely any change from week to week and then twice a huge jump of, say, 15 points. I have been on the half dose for awhile now, but don't expect to go off before 36 weeks again (the longest they will have you on them). I just except the dose to maybe vary a little. I hope that helps and am happyt to elaborate or talk more if you want to email me.