1. We didn't win the bid for the house. :( I feel like I'm on a bad episode of Hou.se Hunt.ers now! I had a cry about it...yes, briefly, to get it out of my system....and we are continuing the house search. The winning bid was over asking price, and well.....ours wasn't ;)
2. So now I just thought I was anxious before. We move out of this house in less than 2 weeks. And we're really going to change things up! When we move out, Rob will be staying locally with his mom, and I am taking the kids to temporarily live with my parents in the mountains....about 4 hours away! When we initially devised this plan it seemed great...we can deal with being apart for the 30-45 days it takes to process the loan on a new house. But now....it's very uncertain how long we will be apart. We may end up coming back and renting an apartment. But we thought it would be a great way to save money (no house/rent) payment in the meantime! And thankfully we have very generous parents!
3. Our purple finch baby birds flew the nest this morning! So happy that they survived since the mockingbird baby didn't fare as well. It was so fun to watch them. At the bottom of our stairs is the window to the front porch and the bird nest was in the hanging basket right outside that window. Every time I would carry Ian down the stairs, he would do the sign for bird! It was so much fun for the kids to watch those little guys hatch and grow.
4. Am I the only mom out there nervous about swimming lessons?? I guess it's because I hated swimming lessons as a child. Isabel desperately needs them. There are children younger than she is swimming across the pool and she is still in those arm floaties in the deep end! Yikes! I know I need to get on the ball with this!
5. And yes, back to houses....(uh broken record?) Well I think all of this may be another move by God to get me to relinquish some of my controlling ways ;) Like oh, back when I used to think I could control when I got pregnant?? Well, since we are moving in 2 weeks, it is unlikely that I will be here to really "find" the house. That's pretty much going to be on Robert to go out and look at houses (although I will be obsessively stalking real.tor dot com.) And that is driving me a little bit crazy. Because looking at homes is alot of fun for me. It's really enjoyable to walk through a home and ponder what you would do differently, what things you would keep, what color would this wall be painted, which rooms would the kids get, etc... I guess God wants me to let someone else be in control of all that. I mean, some people by houses sight unseen! Now THAT is trust....or maybe a little crazy ;)
6. With many toys already packed, the kids are having fun using moving boxes in mysterious ways. Of course there is the moving box as house, moving box as tunnel, and moving box as car, but yesterday we cut up a moving box and made it into pirate swashbuckler swords and scurvy gold. Okay, I have no idea if those words all make sense together, but the afternoon turned from packing into pirate-treasure-finding-adventure-fun! Then I took the slipcover off an old chair that we have in the master bedroom, and apparently it was like a brand new (errr... too old for them to remember) piece of furniture treasure and they were all over it. With Ian able to climb up on the couch and chairs now, life is really getting
7. It's going to be HOT today. We have an excessive heat warning and are expecting 104 today, with a real feel of 108. Yuck.