Friday, June 22, 2012
Quick Takes #12
1. Packing, packing and more packing...that's what has been going on around here. I am a planner/organizer/list maker by nature ;) and I am so thankful that I started packing WEEKS ago.... we decided to forgo the POD because renting a storage unit and hauling everything ourselves is cheaper...by HALF! We just couldn't waste that much money to go with the portable moving containers. So I've been slowly moving minivan loads of boxes to the unit. Wow. We have too much stuff. What's funny is that now that the "stuff" is packed, I am not really missing anything that has been packed up, and half of it I can't even remember!
2. I'm really slightly stressed at the moment because last night we got a call that the foreclosure home that we have fallen in love with is in a multiple offer situation at the moment, and if we want to make an offer, then we must submit it by Monday. Yep....fantastic. Now I'm really kind of nervous about this, because it seems like it is absolutely tailored to meet all of our needs, but God will really have to work it out for us, if this is in fact the house He wants us to buy, because we truly have a price that we cannot go over, and I'm very worried that if there are multiple bids then one of those is going to beat ours. Ugh....I feel like an episode of House Hunters! Did you hear that that show was rigged???
In my head I am repeating that the Lord is in control of all of this and He will put us where He wants us, but in my heart I am kind of battling it out with nerves and wanting to do crazy, irrational things like sell a car and all the furniture in my house so that we could put down extra money to guarantee that we get this house! *sigh*....okay, not really, but...just....have...to....TRUST!
3. This morning I took the kids to the pool and we have a play structure/slide on the kiddie side. Well Ian proceeds to climb under the slide and of course I'm there but I'm trying to let him be a little independent since he's learning how to toddle around in the water (so I'm an arms length away) in the 4 inch water and he goes under the slide and is squatting. I say, "watch your head!" and he stands up and bumps his head on the slide, then instantly goes down to the water -which of course gets his face wet and sends him jerking back up, which bumps his head again, and that in turn sends him back face down in the water.... can you picture it? Okay so it lasted for like a split second but seemed like it was an eternity before I swooped him out from under the slide where he was caught in the vicious cycle! Poor guy....he was very traumatized for about a minute, and then was okay.
4. Now back to the house we want to buy...because clearly it is still on my mind. You see, I just don't think all of this is coincidence. This foreclosure that we want popped up the same day we got an offer on our house (which is the same day I buried St. Joseph!)....and on Thursday, Rob tells me that he talked to our real estate agent. I then casually tell him that I would like to go back out to look at the foreclosure home one more time. He then sets up the appointment without my knowledge for that afternoon. I find this out after I had already promised Isabel a trip to the pool at that time. So at that point I was a little frustrated, but decided he's made the appointment to see the house, so we need to go. Then our agent just happens to touch base with the foreclosure agent that night and that is how we found out that we just barely have time to get in on a multiple offer situation. All of those things had to happen for us to be able to KNOW it was time to make the offer. I think that is God working, so I really want to believe that He wants this house for us! I guess we really just have to make the offer and wait and see. If you feel led, would you pray for us over this house situation?
5. This bishop of Raleigh celebrated the Mass to kick off the Fortnight for Freedom at our new parish, St. Joseph's, last night. It was my hope that our whole family would attend, but Ian did not take an afternoon nap yesterday and the Mass was to begin at 6pm. He usually goes to bed by 7pm and without a nap....ewww....you just didn't want to have him at church for that. So Rob took Isabel and I stayed home with the baby.
6. Speaking of the baby....he's not much of a baby anymore. What baby dresses up like Mr. Potato Head?
These are clearly toddler antics. *insert sobbing here* Come on NFP, work for me!
7. The new profile pics for our family were taken last weekend at my sister-in-law's wedding. She got married on this beautiful farm in Chapel Hill, and she was absolutely gorgeous! I'll have to see if she'll let me post some pics of her (she's currently on her honeymoon -so don't want to post without permission) ;) But we had a wonderful time and are so excited to welcome her husband into the family.
Quick Takes is hosted by Jennifer; go to Conversion Diary to read more!