Friday, May 27, 2011
Quick Takes Friday #6
1. My weight has plateaued. I've lost 38lbs since having Ian....of the 53 that I gained!!! And I still have 15 more to go....sadly, it doesn't seem to be going! The first 35 pounds came off within the first 2 weeks...I'm not exaggerating. I'm not sure how it happened but I seriously lost 35lbs in 2 weeks...and 3 pounds in the next 4 weeks. I guess it's time to start exercising, huh? ;)
2. Ian woke up at 5:30am this morning. So it's 6:28am as I type this....he's happy...he just doesn't want to sleep...he just wants to lie there...awake...and wiggling.
3. Yesterday I took both kids to the pool...all by myself! I felt very accomplished! Of course Ian did not get in..we camped out in the shade and Isabel played in the shallow end, but I did it and survived.
4. We picked strawberries this week and so far have made homemade strawberry shortcake (yum!) and strawberry muffins. I think this morning we will do strawberry bread....frankly I'm running out of strawberry ideas.
5. Yesterday a solicitor came to our door and rang the doorbell. Not a big deal, right? Except that I have a "No Soliciting Here! Thank You!" sign on the door. He had the audacity to tell me that he saw my sign (!) but that this was really important. Do you think I bought any of what he was selling??? ;) I was fuming when he left!
6. Ian's baptism is June 11th! I'm looking forward to it!
7. Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative to Dreft, the baby detergent?