Friday, February 18, 2011
Quick Takes Friday #5
My quick takes this week are recent comments I've gotten:
1. (At the grocery store). Clerk turns around from stocking shelves and exclaims, "Boy! You're ready to pop!" Well, not quite ready...six more weeks actually...thanks.
2. (Several places): "A boy and a girl! Now you're done, right?" No, *with a smile* actually we will take as many as God gives us. Response: Stunned silence or "Oh".
3. OBGYN: So what are you thinking in the way of family planning?
Me: Oh we will have as many as God blesses us with.
OBGYN: How old is your daughter now?
Me: She's almost 5.
OBGYN: So she'll be starting kindergarten in the fall or....
(Simultaneously) OBGYN: ...will you be homeschooling?
Me: We are homeschooling her.
OBGYN: That's what I thought!
(What is that supposed to mean? I've been analyzing this one for days! Did she assume that I homeschool because I'm willing to accept children as a gift from God? Did I exude homeschooling mom somehow? I should have asked her!)
4. (As Isabel and I are hurrying across the crosswalk in front of Target): Guy in giant lifted truck yells out, "Hey, don't you be runnin' across that street for no one! You deserve to take your time and walk!" LOL....guess he didn't want pregnant lady to trip and fall on her belly! ;)
5. (Isabel's 4 year old friend at church, with really wide eyes and pointing): "Woah! Look at your belly today!!!"
6. "It feels nice to be called 'big momma' doesn't it?" Ummm.....yes and no! ;)
7. (Isabel after reading a story about a mommy getting ready to have a baby)...the story line goes "Hey your mommy looks like she just swallowed a basketball! She can't even button her coat!" Isabel exclaims: "Hey! That's just like you!" Ahhh.....so true! ;)