Thursday, September 16, 2010

Time for an update! How 'bout a belly shot?

5 Weeks

11 Weeks

So I'm getting a little "thicker" but not really a "bump" yet.  I cannot fit into any of my old pants or shorts though....so I'm wearing as many elastic-waist skirts as I can.  (I only have one pair of maternity shorts...do not want to go and spend the money on more since we should be getting into cooler weather soon, right?)  That's what I'm praying for...it has been blazing here in NC.  

I had my progesterone levels drawn today and based on what they are, I think we will be stopping the PIO shots after my next 2 doses.  That was the impression I had gotten from Dr. C (NaPro).  So I am awaiting the results...and a little nervous about stopping them, I have to admit.  My level at 8weeks 3days was 41.5.

I am having a bit of a problem that I had during weeks 13ish-16ish with Mary Grace's pregnancy....and that is my stubbornly tilted uterus (retroverted) refuses to right itself and starts pressing on my areas around my bladder causing me to be unable to relieve myself....uh yeah, it's as frightening as it sounds especially when you have a full bladder.   During Mary Grace's pregnancy I had to resort to self-cathing (umm....just as bad as it sounds!)....but when I started having that feeling this pregnancy I scoured the internet looking for an alternative.  Luckily there is a stretch/exercise/position that I am able to do that temporarily rights my uterus so that I can urinate....lovely, huh?  I am so thankful we have not had to go the other route, and praying that my uterus will find it's rightful, righted home soon.  This is really only happening at night....so my sleep position must be contributing to the uterus flopping back the wrong way??  Just guessing here...

Nausea has been less, but still here and there....resulting in lots of food aversions.  Oh and I didn't even know it could be possible to have these this early, but I swear I've already been having some Braxton Hicks contractions...about 1 or 2 a day for the last 3 days.  Really surprised me and hopefully it is not something to be concerned about even though it seems super early for those.

My next appointment is on Monday.  We are having another look at the cyst and I guess this will decide whether we schedule surgery or whether there is no need at this time.  And immediately after that is our NT scan;  yay!  Another peek at Baby H! 

I have been so bad about following blogs lately, and obviously about updating my own!  These last three weeks have also started the beginning of homeschooling Isabel, so between the nausea and schooling and oh the rest of everyday life, I've just fallen behind!  ;)

12 comments:

Christina @ Faith for Fertility said...

You are beautiful! Sorry about the introverted uterus. Sounds painful. I hope it rights itself!

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

Yay for starting homeschooling!

Your "upper" bumps are definitely bigger-that was what I first noticed at least :) Ha! I love that perk!

I have an "extremely antiverted uterus". I wonder if that's why I'm peeing ALL THE TIME! Much more than the normal pregnant lady. My doctor checked for infection-but I'm good there. I never thought about this-I'm gonna google!

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

Well what do ya know? An anteverted uterus is tilted directly on top of the BLADDER! Thanks for prompting me to figure that out!

Kelly Via said...

Beautiful Baby Bump. So excited for you and your family.

Faith makes things possible said...

Love your bump!! So beautiful!!

Sorry to hear about the troubles with you uterus, I have never even heard of that, but I am glad that you were able to figure out some stretches to help!

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

You are gorgeous! Love the bump!! And, I learned something new today, regarding uteruses (uteri?)!

Breanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Breanna said...

*sorry i deleted my above post, had a lot of typos!!*

Hi Angela, your belly is so cute!!
Just wanted to tell you in my experiences with pregnancy, I have always (even with baby #1) I started getting BHs VERY early (around 13 weeks with baby #2).
I can't wait to follow this pregnancy!!

Sew said...

You look like a model! Wow! Is that a first trimester picture....I might need to take some lessons! hahahaha

I'm going to blow dry my hair right now! hahahaha

I can just imagine you in some pose over the toilet or bathtub trying to pee! hahaha It's not funny, I'm sorry you have to do that...It's crazy! ;)

Megan said...

You look so amazing! I sat and read all of your journey with Mary Grace yesterday, and I was blown away by your amazing faith. I was in tears, and you are absolutely inspiring!

Irene Roe said...

Your bump is beautiful! You are beautiful. I pray your uterus behaves and your doctor tells you nothing but good, healthy news. Mabe we'll get a US pic ;)

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

You look great! And yay for the NT scan, you will get awesome profile pics :) Please share them!