Sunday, November 8, 2009

I survived!

I survived attending the first baby shower since Mary Grace died!  I know, what did I think was going to happen?  That I would just evaporate or something?  I knew I would survive, but if it had been a test, I passed with flying colors! 

I had fun.
I enjoyed being there.
I felt HAPPY for my friend who was pregnant!
I "oooo'ed and awww'ed" over all the tiny, pink little girl outfits....and meant it!

Yes, I did have a moment when one of the other ladies said, "Oh I want a little girl!" (She has all boys).  And I thought to myself, "I want another little girl too..."  Which brought just a brief moment of self-pity, but then it dissolved and I was able to go back to being joyful for the mother-to-be!

What a great thing!  This was the third baby shower that I've been invited to since Mary Grace died.  The first being just a week after burying Mary Grace, and of course I could not attend.  The second being a baby shower on my would-be due date, which I also could not attend for emotional reasons.  But with this one, the timing was just perfect and I think I have vaulted the baby shower hurdle! 

It does feel like a milestone! And I could not have done it without the Lord's help!

2 comments:

Kelly Via said...

I am sure this was very difficult for you, but I am rejoicing with you tonight as I read your blog. I can tell you are so excited, and I am excited for you as well.

chadandnikki said...

YAY!! I'm glad you were able to do this. Good job.