Monday, July 18, 2016

Our Father times two!

Our "confession church" has a new priest.  Woah, what did she just say?  Yes, we have what I have dubbed our "confession church".  It is a parish only 7 miles away and we pop in there on a Saturday afternoon when we are in need of the Sacrament of Confession, because it is soooo close and sooooo quick.  But it is not the parish at which we regularly attend Mass.

So I just thought Isabel and I were going to pop in to confession, but there was a long line which filled up the entire back pew nearest the confessional.  So Iz and I went to the next row, thinking it would be clear that we would be next in line.  It wasn't clear to the people who came in next, and they did not speak any English.  So we got bumped back by 2 people.  Confession here lasts from 4pm to 4:45pm, because Saturday evening Mass starts at 5pm.  It was 4:42 when I got into the confessional, and this wonderful new priest greeted me with a warm double handshake and told me, "Thank you for coming today!"  He was so warm and joy-filled....Jesus was practically seeping out of him.  That sounds weird, but he just radiated Jesus' love.

He gave me 2 Our Fathers for my penance.

I thought to myself that was a little strange.  I mean, I've been given just one Our Father, or an Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be, or a triple set of those, or a rosary....but never just 2 Our Fathers. 

Regardless, I went and slowly prayed them.

Then we went home.

And at home, I had some time after dinner to open up my favorite new book The Ordinary Path to Holiness, to the next chapter. I'm reading this book at the speed of slow, because I don't want it to ever end.  And yet I do, so I can know all that I can learn all it has to offer.  Anyway when I opened the page, it was this:

 
So I began to read it.  So many goodies in this chapter, I can't give them all away.  You need to go read the book, but from the CCC (2763):
 
The Lord's Prayer is the most perfect of prayers...
In it we ask, not only for all the things we can rightly desire,
but also in the sequence that they should be desired. 
This prayer not only teaches us to ask for things, but also
in what order we should desire them.
 
 
Wow.  So the next evening, Ian opened up the children's Bible to read the next chapter (we had skipped reading a Bible story on Saturday night).  And it was this:
 
 
 
A one page Bible "story".  Simply The Lord's Prayer.
 
Our Father times two.
 
Now, I haven't quite figured out what the Lord is telling me here other than I'd better get focused on this prayer and spend some time meditating upon it.  Maybe pray it twice a day? ;)  I mean, it couldn't hurt.  But clearly, it's a sign, right?



2 comments:

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Oh that is such a beautiful story! I went to confession this evening and I was given 5 Hail Mary's, so it made me think. We used to have a confession church as well! It was a little country church a few miles from us that had a wonderful pastor that we loved going to for confession. However, he was transferred and we started going back to our normal parish for confession. We have an amazing pastor there now, it is like a mini spiritual direction appointment overtime I go to confession. I love it!

Unknown said...

Hello everyone my names is Shari from Pensacola Florida USA i want to testify of a powerful man called Dr Great and how he helped me get pregnant,I and my husband have been married for 10 years now without a child to call our own i have done everything  i can but still couldn't get pregnant this was eating me up inside i was always ashamed whenever i and my husband go out because i see him playing with other children because he love kids so much one day when we got home i was crying bitterly i just couldn't bear it anymore i went online to look for fertility treatment when i saw someone testify of his great work and how he have help many in problems with his spell i decided to give him a try i contacted him through his email he assure me that it will take 24 hrs to cast the spell and i will be pregnant, 5 weeks after i felt ill so i went to see the doctor he confirmed that i was pregnant all thanks to this powerful spell caster Dr Great you are indeed a great man, now i believe that there is no problem without a solution he can also help you contact :
infinitylovespell@gmail.com