Monday, June 27, 2016

Sleep Training? What Sleep Training?

He's a dream baby.  I don't know what else to say.  The first night of sleeping in his own room, in his own crib, I nursed him at 6:30pm then put him in the crib.  He cried for 10 minutes, and I went in and held him for a few minutes, then put him back down.  He cried for 15 minutes...and let me stop and explain "cried".  Because Caroline's "cry" was screaming until she scream/cried herself to sleep...well, for hours.  Cooper's "cry" is more of a fussing...he was not doing a full screaming type of cry.  His cry is just....well, more laid back.   It's like he has a cry to fit his personality....laid back cry for a laid back baby.  So he fussed for 15 more minutes, I went back in a 2nd time held him, and then put him down and that was it....he just fell asleep.  And then I was anxious and couldn't sleep all night and he did not wake up for 8 hours!!!  When he did, I nursed him and laid him back down and there was no fussing at all...he just rolled over and went back to sleep for another 3 hours.

The next day I put him in the crib for his nap and he literally just laid down and went to sleep.  What?!?!
It was amazing.

And so it's pretty much continued.  Not all naps have been as easy as the first, but as long as he is tired then he is pretty happy about going to sleep in the crib.  And night time has provided us with at least 8 straight hours of him sleeping, then a quick nursing session and then right back to sleep. 

I am just in awe.  And so thankful.  I am thankful for all my children, but boy, after dealing with Caroline being such a difficult sleeper for so long, it is a super duper blessing to have an easy baby who likes to sleep!

Coop turned 6 months yesterday, and I just can't believe it.  Each baby I have makes me want another baby.  That seems like such an odd thing to say, but I just can't imagine that Cooper would be our last, although I know all too well that my fertility is completely in the hands of my Creator.  And I will be happy with His plans for our family.

No comments: