Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Prayer Buddy!

Hey Prayer Buddy!  I've got a request!  I'm really struggling with an issue of overindulgence over here.  And it's not what you think.  I'm actually the one who is trying to keep things simple.  But I'm getting overwhelmed by the overindulgence of others, especially since this time of year is supposed to be about JESUS, preparing for Him, slowing down, reflecting....

...and instead I'm panicking and a little sick to my stomach, because of "too much of a good thing".

I know...it's rather vague.  If you could just pray that God will work all of this out, and that I can leave it up to Him.  That would be great. 

There's something about a simpler life that I am drawn to.  Less materialism.  Less clutter to occupy my house and my mind.  Maybe it's time to move out to the country and raise chickens. 

And on another note, a big Praise God! for so many new pregnancies around me lately!  Praying that these are all blessed and healthy!  Praise God for new life all around. 

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm right there with you. K and I want nothing less than to slow down for Christmas but its hard when you are being pulled in 1000 directions. I feel like everyone wants a bit of our time, everyone wants to spoil MG more than we feel appropriate, everyone expects us to do this and that. We've said for years that we want to move to the middle of nowhere and live off the land and shut our phones off. I find it sad that you have to be that drastic just to slow things down in today's society. I'll definitely pray for you!

Karen said...

I meant nothing more not nothing less...sheesh!